Module Priority when attacking a station

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Module Priority when attacking a station

Post by Scoob » Mon, 1. May 23, 23:58

Hey all,

Just thought I'd test how attacks vs. stations play out in v6.0 and there's a problem. While ships generally maintain a better distance, some do still come in to melee attack the station lol. However, the bigger issue is target priorities.

I had a small fleet of capital ships attack a fairly basic SCA station. This Station had FOUR Defence modules, as well as various other M-Class Turrets elsewhere. When I sent the fleet in to attack, they initially focused their fire on the 3x L-Dock Module, ignoring the four Defence Modules that were hammering them. They did eventually destroy two of these modules, but I regularly see their firing targetting other modules that are a far far lower threat.

How should Capital ships - their turrets in particular - prioritise targets on a station?

Note: we know that Turrets Often break when targetting station modules, seemingly getting stuck on trying to shoot a module they have no LoS on, so they don't fire. I submitted a save quite some time back now demonstrating this very clearly. So, I wonder if this bug is perhaps screwing up the targetting, leading to unnecessary losses.

Return to “X4: Foundations”