Modded ships no longer drop all their mod parts? [7.0 beta]

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Modded ships no longer drop all their mod parts? [7.0 beta]

Post by Axeface » Thu, 16. May 24, 14:44

Just want confirmation on this.
I have an elaborate salvage setup in a BUC sector (paranid unified) to farm exceptional chassis mods. Since 7.0 beta started my runners havent picked up a single one, before if I left the game running a while they would have a few or more. So I went to check and destroyed a buc prometheus, it had blue mods and not a single one dropped.

LameFox
x4

Re: Modded ships no longer drop all their mod parts? [7.0 beta]

Post by LameFox » Fri, 17. May 24, 13:18

Hope that is not intentional. Low drop rates would make a tedious grind out of an already boring fight against something that only tries to run away.
***modified***

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 20. May 24, 04:48

LameFox wrote:
Fri, 17. May 24, 13:18
Hope that is not intentional. Low drop rates would make a tedious grind out of an already boring fight against something that only tries to run away.
Well the plot thickens. I paid close attention to my salvagers and something is wrong. When they fly over crates some arnt getting collected... Video 1, Video 2, Video 3. I'de appreciate if someone could give this a go so I can rule out a mod issue or something (highly unlikely), any confirmation and I guess i'll go about making an unmodded save to make a report...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 20. May 24, 14:47

I know that ships cannot pick up dropped ammunition (missiles) if they are already maxed out on missiles, but I have no idea why the in-game mods were not appearing. That said, the slider bar indicated that we might not be seeing all of the pilot's inventory in the videos. That couldn't be an issue though if the inventory was strictly alphabetically sorted as we should be able to see the exclusive mods.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 20. May 24, 21:54

You can see the full inventory in all of the videos the slider is for crew and yeh the items are listed alphabetically. And yeh that is correct about missiles you can see this happen in the videos.

Return to “X4: Foundations”