[#1658]abandoned fighter doesn't stop drifting and spinning

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Falcrack
x4

[#1658]abandoned fighter doesn't stop drifting and spinning

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 04:45

In a way I guess it's realistic, because why wouldn't an abandoned ship keep drifting and spinning? On the other hand, it makes claiming the ship in my space suit very difficult.

See the attached save

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjkgfq ... sp=sharing

Arsaneus
x4

Re: abandoned fighter doesn't stop drifting and spinning

Post by Arsaneus » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 09:18

I was able to reproduce the issue. However, it doesn't seem to happen every time.

I've got a drifting Alligator in the attached save. As you can see, the thrusters are still active and it won't slow down.

Save

Arsaneus
x4

Post by Arsaneus » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 10:34

Additional observation: When getting to a distance of exactly 3.5km, the ship abruptly stops and can be approached again.
If bumped, it will resume its previous rotation/drift and still stop again when at 3.5km distance to the player.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 12:49

I forced a Pirate vessel (Minotaur Raider) to bail while it was actively fleeing from me (Withdraw from Combat). I was, I guess 2-3km away when the "bail shot" hit and the thing just kept moving. Well, I say kept moving, but that's not quite true. It actually sped up AFTER it'd bailed, which was dead weird. I followed it for a good minute or so and it wasn't slowing down. I moved closer, planning to try to nudge it to a halt, but as I got closer, it suddenly came to a halt on its own.

So, two things:

- Ship started moving FAST after the Pilot bailed - perhaps as part of his "sabotage" he put a brick on the throttle...
- Ship only stopped when I got closer, I'd been engaged at a distance to make avoiding turret fire easier. So, I only closed in after it bailed.

I've noticed ships drifting and spinning for a few seconds after bailing a lot, and it's pretty nice. This one that kept moving though is unique thus far.

geldonyetich
x4

Post by geldonyetich » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 19:38

Arsaneus wrote:
Mon, 8. Apr 24, 10:34
Additional observation: When getting to a distance of exactly 3.5km, the ship abruptly stops and can be approached again.
If bumped, it will resume its previous rotation/drift and still stop again when at 3.5km distance to the player.
Yes I just noticed this myself with a Minotaur Raider I disabled: if you simply stop chasing ut and let it drift about 3.5m away far enough from you, that ship will stop. Then you can easily capture it.

I suspect this drifing is a form of thrusting combat behavior that persists even after the pilot ejects because the speed will vary as I try chasing it down. The behavior stops at 3.5km because it's decided the maneuver is no longer needed.

However, this may confuse a developer investigating this bug because they may choose not to chase the ship and so it will eventually stop on its own and they will not identify the bug.

Jokeuhl
x4

Re: [#1658]abandoned fighter doesn't stop drifting and spinning

Post by Jokeuhl » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 20:14

It does. you just have to follow it for a while. I have reproduced this as well, and eventually it does stop.

geldonyetich
x4

Post by geldonyetich » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 20:33

To clarify, I would say that the key is not to follow.

The last abandoned Minotaur I chased. I spent about 10 minutes trying to bump and a stop. It never stopped, it despawned.

Reloaded that saved game and let it drift away, not following. Then it stopped.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 23:15

In my own testing this evening, if I make a ship bail it keeps moving while I'm within 3.5km of it. I tested this by forcing a ship to bail, observing that it maintained speed (220) and I was matching speed. Only when I stopped, and the ship was 3.5km from me did it come to a halt. Weird.

Manawydn
x4

Bailed Raider constant spin - can't claim with relative ease

Post by Manawydn » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 18:53

As the title says, it looks like once bailed, this Minotaur Raider seems to have Flight Assist off, which in-turn means that I can't get into my space suit and claim it. (High-Attention)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nHqfJi ... drive_link

Please check out my X4 Streams/VODs for live dev feedback.

twitch.tv/dreamweaver_mana

alessandrofavero
x4

Re: Bailed Raider constant spin - can't claim with relative ease

Post by alessandrofavero » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 19:24

this forum is for the old XR beta, not X4.

the right section is this <Moved - Alan Phipps>
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Fri, 12. Apr 24, 22:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Explaining move of thread.
Ci sono 10 tipi di persone, chi capisce il codice binario e chi non lo capisce!!!
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz, 32 Gb RAM, MB ASUS TUF, NVIDIA Originale GeForce RTX 3070TI, Dedicated Memory: 8Gb

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”