[feedback]rescuing of ejected personal

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Halpog
x4

[feedback]rescuing of ejected personal

Post by Halpog » Mon, 6. May 24, 10:22

althought i dont understand this system in total yet, iam missing important informations in it
when personal lets say from a ship escaped.. why they dont fly to the neares stations like the AI pilots doing it ??
why they have to be picked up with an extra ship ?
when we target on of this spacesuits .. we should see at least name and overall stars this "personal "has to decide whom to rescue first or overall.

and one more thing, how da heck we pick this pilots up from space manualy ?

JMCorp
x4

Re: [feedback]rescuing of ejected personal

Post by JMCorp » Mon, 6. May 24, 19:36

also, i have the ability to flit around the universe with my teleporter. i can use that to teleport from the middle of nowhere to a station on the other end of the universe.

why then, can i not just right click and "teleport to destination" and pick a station or ship that has room?

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 6. May 24, 21:09

JMCorp wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 19:36
also, i have the ability to flit around the universe with my teleporter. i can use that to teleport from the middle of nowhere to a station on the other end of the universe.

why then, can i not just right click and "teleport to destination" and pick a station or ship that has room?
Don't want to take teleporter logic too far. Otherwise, there would be no need at all for freighters transporting stuff between stations.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Mon, 6. May 24, 21:34

Falcrack wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 21:09
JMCorp wrote:

Don't want to take teleporter logic too far. Otherwise, there would be no need at all for freighters transporting stuff between stations.
sure, but to rescue a stranded pilot? surely that's not unreasonable.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 7. May 24, 00:07

JMCorp wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 21:34
Falcrack wrote:
JMCorp wrote:

If you could just teleport them in, no need for rescue mechanic at all. I think it's good the way they have it now. Except for spacesuits being thrown around hundreds of kn when trying to dock.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Tue, 7. May 24, 18:34

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 7. May 24, 00:07
JMCorp wrote:
Falcrack wrote:

If you could just teleport them in, no need for rescue mechanic at all. I think it's good the way they have it now. Except for spacesuits being thrown around hundreds of kn when trying to dock.
yeah but when i fly a ship that has room for personall, howi can get the ejectet pilot or personall into my ship ? we dont have a tractor to dragg them in.. they dont fly themself to my ship if iam close range. flying over them like with containers dosent work also ....shall i use the spacesuit myself and push them into cargo bay or what ?

castleberger
x4

Post by castleberger » Tue, 7. May 24, 19:46

I've had pilots try to dock with my ship. They sometimes just ram my ship with their spacesuit. How do I get them on board while I am piloting? In safe areas I just stand up and let my ai captain do it, but in dangerous areas... well RIP.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Tue, 7. May 24, 21:47

Falcrack wrote:
Tue, 7. May 24, 00:07
JMCorp wrote:
Falcrack wrote:

it takes a while to get the teleportation researched, so it is needed before then. some people play without even ever getting the HQ or teleportation, so they need it all the time. it's not entirely unneeded just because i think i would use my super teleportation tech to rescue people.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”