7.00 BETA BUG Xenon Miner

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Anomie
x4

7.00 BETA BUG Xenon Miner

Post by Anomie » Mon, 6. May 24, 12:42

Xenon Miner can mine gases according to ship info and command. Unfortunately it doesn't do anything for me, although it gets the mine command all the time. but probably can't take the medium.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/lfxn9kdc ... sm6ng&dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/nf3gl0qd ... iklw6&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/gj6polti ... pt15h&dl=0

dtpsprt
x4

Re: 7.00 BETA BUG Xenon Miner

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 6. May 24, 21:05

The "Bug" is in giving liquid storage to the Miner SE, because the Xenon use only Ore and Silicon and no gases so their Miners can not mine them.

To file an actual bug report you have to provide a save file as per Forum regulations.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Mon, 6. May 24, 21:38

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 21:05
The "Bug" is in giving liquid storage to the Miner SE, because the Xenon use only Ore and Silicon and no gases so their Miners can not mine them.

To file an actual bug report you have to provide a save file as per Forum regulations.
save game is only required if it would actually help demonstrate the issue. if the answer is "all xenon SE has gas storage" a savegame wouldn't be needed because it would be obvious in ANY save game.

TheShear
x4

Post by TheShear » Mon, 6. May 24, 23:35

I already made that Topic once and got an answer. Long Story short you can assign them SE to harvest Gas because it has Universal Storage but it cannot actually harvest Gas. It is just a Solid Miner and I was told this is Working as Intended. I assume they might add a Block or something that makes the SE and H exceptions for certain commands regarding mining.

Anomie
x4

Post by Anomie » Tue, 7. May 24, 00:08

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 21:05

i
there is a savegame file r u even look on the links ?

Anomie
x4

Post by Anomie » Tue, 7. May 24, 00:12

my reports always have 1-2 links to screenshots and 1 savegame. The rules are clear to me, even if it's sometimes stupid, because the developers can just start a game, spawn a ship and give the command, then they'll see it. It's not like most of the bugs here are user-related...

Anomie
x4

Post by Anomie » Tue, 7. May 24, 12:46

TheShear wrote:
Mon, 6. May 24, 23:35
I already made that Topic once and got an answer. Long Story short you can assign them SE to harvest Gas because it has Universal Storage but it cannot actually harvest Gas. It is just a Solid Miner and I was told this is Working as Intended. I assume they might add a Block or something that makes the SE and H exceptions for certain commands regarding mining.
I've already noticed that I can't give H a mine command. It was a bit strange, when I got the ship the towers were set to miners.So the mine command is probably blocked, but the SE can mine liquids at least as a command and that's the bug. If I assign an SE to a station and it has both of the resources it needs, I can well imagine that this will lead to problems.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”