NEWS - GOLD! X³: Terran Conflict has gone gold!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 08:42

Where is the promise "more screenshot"? Since i'm from Malaysia, its will took more time for me to get this game

tphater
x3tc

Post by tphater » Fri, 26. Sep 08, 09:12

They were not high for X2 or X3-R either. There were some bugs in early versions of those, but EgoSoft has always fixed bugs as soon as they could.
It solely depends on the reviewer. In Romania both games got high marks by the two main gaming magazines. Though in both cases it was clearly pointed out that the learning curve is difficult. But that doesn't mean these reviewers are any better, as a couple of years ago they gave Serious Sam SE a 7, when the game was in fact an 8 at the very least.
Never trust reviews, especially the ones made before a game's official release.
I am the one and only,the indestructible,fear me,cause i have a raging dragon and i'm not affraid to use it!
PAIN,SUFFERING,DEATH,it's all coming!
Terror feeds me,power flows through me,death is my ally!
Join me!
DIE!!!

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Sat, 27. Sep 08, 01:05

Aye, I have my favorite reviewer, and will wait to see what he has to say. My German is really rusty and the translations are pretty sketchy, but it didn't look like the reviewers were screaming about an incomplete game this time.
That is encouraging, but it did rattle me a bit when one of the reviewers stated "nothing new" in this version. Other than that statement it was a pretty Egosoft friendly review.....

So, in one we have him dogfighting in autopilot (I would have preferred an OOS vs IS comparison) and in the other -that I have read- "nothing new". Both are kind of suspect based on just those two items....

Mortlock
x3tc

Post by Mortlock » Sat, 27. Sep 08, 01:27

Don't really care what the reviewers say. Most of them just want action, action, action. The X universe is so much more. I can't see the team wrecking what has been acheived so far, and the logical step is to build greater things onto what is already there.

I've played the excellent XTM mod and can see the new game will merge some of those features (like the missile frigates - can't wait), further enhancing the X universe. The trailers are a testament to that. The only problem I've got, and this is nothing against the new game/team, is that I've got to start again. No bad thing for the new game, but it sort of leaves my existing games in limbo......why put hours in when I'm going to "upgrade".

Please don't take this as a criticism...it's not. It's been the same with each progression and I've never given up. I just look on the steps as a new chapter (as I suspect the underlying story is).

So here I am, ignoring the previews, reviews and pontifications, just eager to get my grubby little mercenary mitts on the new beast. It'll be on my hard drive regardless of what the "experts" say.

Bye Bye life.

Mortie

Turricanion
x3tc

Post by Turricanion » Sat, 27. Sep 08, 01:37

hehe, same deal here. I still have an X2 save i play occassionally with 78 Titans. (couldnt name them all so they are federation - 1 to Federation - 70).

I just fly around destroying sectors in that game now,.

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Sat, 27. Sep 08, 04:51

Mortlock wrote:The only problem I've got, and this is nothing against the new game/team, is that I've got to start again. No bad thing for the new game, but it sort of leaves my existing games in limbo......why put hours in when I'm going to "upgrade".
You could always wait for a X3TC compatible version of the excellent X2/X3-X3 property converter script (I forget the exact name). What it does is export your ships, factories, stats, and such from X2 or X3 to X3. It shouldn't be too hard to make a TC compatible version.
Windows Windows 7 Release Candidate (64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

-----------------------------------------------------
Pirate Identification Guide

dbcohen
x4

Post by dbcohen » Sat, 27. Sep 08, 08:49

and the ants march on, listening to the battle song,
and the pupae cry, watching their daddy die,
and the Queen cries, "I can't take it, I watch as my army dies!"
and the drones go on, their wings they don,
and the Queen shall begin, she starts again.

I can't wait to pre-load the game on STEAM! I made this chant to idle my mind as i wait to start-over with a new game.

CaptProton
x3tc

Post by CaptProton » Sat, 27. Sep 08, 23:37

I have some new Screenshots 8)
Station Network ...your source for spacesims

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sun, 28. Sep 08, 01:19

Thanks CaptProton. Looks good.
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sun, 28. Sep 08, 08:45

Looks like the OTAS corporation from XTM is also in the X3-TC..

CaptProton
x3tc

Post by CaptProton » Sun, 28. Sep 08, 17:52

100 new Screenshots :o
Station Network ...your source for spacesims

Hob Anagerik
x3tc

Post by Hob Anagerik » Sun, 28. Sep 08, 19:25

Nice screenshots. Suddenly I am rather grateful I get made redundant at the end of the month!
:twisted:
Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, C.Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty, EVGA Nvidia 3GB 780 Ti, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 07:50

awsome screenshots, thx for the links CaptProton

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 14:12

Thanks for the links :)

zenbuda
x3tc

Post by zenbuda » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 22:28

This says a lot...

starts

To bad its in German... I'm beginning to wonder if they even have the game translated yet to English... Maybe thats what the delay was about hmmm...

:lol:

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 22:38

zenbuda wrote:This says a lot...

starts

To bad its in German... I'm beginning to wonder if they even have the game translated yet to English... Maybe thats what the delay was about hmmm...

Don't be stupid it would take months to translate the entire game! It's not a matter of running it through Babel Fish!!!

Recording all of the in game vocals is a huge undertaking not something you slip in at the end!!!!

zenbuda
x3tc

Post by zenbuda » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 22:45

Who said anything about months the delay was a week~

Although I don't know if you have see but most of the online translators aren't exactly stellar at getting the true intent across.

Phony
x3tc

Post by Phony » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 23:02

zenbuda wrote: I'm beginning to wonder if they even have the game translated yet to English...
They did...
http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... a03rj8.jpg

:roll:

zenbuda
x3tc

Post by zenbuda » Mon, 29. Sep 08, 23:27

Phony wrote:
zenbuda wrote: I'm beginning to wonder if they even have the game translated yet to English...
They did...
http://img257.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... a03rj8.jpg

:roll:
Nice install shield option... At least theres hope that there making a English version 8)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 30. Sep 08, 00:56

zenbuda wrote:Who said anything about months the delay was a week~
yes, that was the point, if the english translation wasn't done, it would be delayed months for it to be finished, not a week

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”