Top Gun Mod V2.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 04:38

Well this is only 2.7... 3.0 will be a perfect work.

Rhaegar
x3ap

Post by Rhaegar » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 15:31

Right, I installed X2 again without no-CD Patch and Top Gun now works fine, except that I get the same readtexts errors as some other people.

Anyway with the 2.7 version there were only the .dat and .cat files, but I got no "init.topgun.text.xml" or "447601.xml", so I think they might have been forgotten somewhere between V2.5 an 2.7

Doesn't keep me from flying around though, which I really love in those beautiful birds ;-)

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 10:57

You got the modified version from Gravemind's Pandora site, right?
Then the ReadText-stuff is my fault, because I only repacked the mod-files and forgot to pack everything else.

I sent Gravemind a newly packed complete version. I don't know when I will upload the new version.

For all those that downloaded the Mod from Pandora site, here are the missing files:
http://rapidshare.com/files/175400068/H ... _addon.rar

IMPORTANT:This doesn't include the mod file. It only contains the missing files.
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

kennet0508
x4

Link down again

Post by kennet0508 » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 03:13

Pandora's download link gives file not found

shadow tek . net is not working neither, no access to site!

this topic may be old but people still want the top gun mod, i know.. im dying for it! =(

shame it's not downladable anywhere.
if anyone is able to send it please PM me :D

Gravemind
x3tc

Re: Link down again

Post by Gravemind » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 10:54

kennet0508 wrote:Pandora's download link gives file not found

shadow tek . net is not working neither, no access to site!

this topic may be old but people still want the top gun mod, i know.. im dying for it! =(

shame it's not downladable anywhere.
if anyone is able to send it please PM me :D
Ive Fixed the Download Link on the Pandora Site.
http://x2-pandora.de/showthread.php?t=790
Möp Möp, X² Pandora sucht Scripter/Modeller/Story/BBSschreiber besucht www.x2-pandora.de für deine Bewerbung.

Honk Honk, X² Pandora is looking for Scripter/Modeller/Story/BBSwriter visit www.x2-pandora.de for your Application.

kennet0508
x4

link up!!

Post by kennet0508 » Tue, 27. Jan 09, 15:59

Thanks a lot =D

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 13:42

I cant wait for 3.0 I still have to give Harlock as suitable look on the Armageddon Battleship.

naisha
x4

Post by naisha » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 00:09

ppl still working on this ?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 01:04

Harlock is working on 3.0 as we speak. After this I hope that he moves onto X3 or X3:TC as his great work and art I find are being abused by the lack of loyal X2 members.

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 14:46

hmm, i just installed the 2.7 mod, and now my game CTDs before i get to the title screen??

seems really odd, if i disable the mod, the game loads fine again... lol

if i try and name it to the next highest number (06 in my case), then plop it in the x2 folder, it'll just load a blank screen, but doesnt crash.... ?

NiallCavanagh
x2

Post by NiallCavanagh » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 18:52

The mod works fine for me except:
the commands related to FOLLOW are missing! If I hit U while targeted on a ship, I get the message Navigational s/w not installed - but it is. Similarly my other ships (also with it installed) do not show the Navigation->Follow command. When I take an assassination mission, the wingmen of the enemy target stay parked stationary and don't join the fight - they just wait for me to kill them at leisure. My own fighters won't take commands to protect my ships...

My ships can buy the Nav s/w, but it doesn't work anymore !

Any ideas?

Chris Gi
x3tc

Post by Chris Gi » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 11:40

@cale_online

There is a fix for the CTD available:

http://x2-pandora.de/topgun/Harlocks_TopGunMod_v2.7.rar

You additionally may need to check the "Start with default values" in the X2 starting window the first time you start Top Gun.

@NiallCavanagh:
Are you sure this has something to do with TopGun Mod? Noone else seems to have this problem.
What you are describing seems to point to a script that changes or removes the connection between some commands and their scripts. Top Gun Mod doesn't do something like this....
--------------------------------

[ external image ]

NiallCavanagh
x2

Post by NiallCavanagh » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 15:05

@Chris Gi

You are right - it probably is some scripting problem.
However, I haven't been able to find it (yet!). I have been using the same scripts in other mods (Terradine, Genesis) without any issues. I'm not aware of any that try to change such a fundamental command.

I don't have my original 1.2 cd (but am Registered :)
... so I always plug any MODs into a very old backup of the X2 directory that was brought up to 1.4. It even pre-dates the patch that disabled the check for cd.

Cheers,
Niall

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Thu, 26. Feb 09, 15:16

Chris Gi wrote:@cale_online

There is a fix for the CTD available:

http://x2-pandora.de/topgun/Harlocks_TopGunMod_v2.7.rar

You additionally may need to check the "Start with default values" in the X2 starting window the first time you start Top Gun.
woop, it works, thanks!!

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 21:08

I still have not really managed to play this as my computer just does not have the space.

I know Harlock would appreciate some feedback. If any of those new to TGM have feedback or constructive critiscm I dont mind passing it on to Harlock.

J Terranova
x3tc

Post by J Terranova » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 06:35

im having a really nasty problem with this mod. I used to play with vertion 2.5 a few years ago, and just came back into the game and decided that the mod was a must, to my surprise i found it at 2.7.

Apparently the solar stations (among other stations) are different, larger in fact. In The Wall sector, where a bunch of solar stations are cramed into a very tiny space, on the vanilla version there's no problem, neither is on 2.5; but now on 2.7 two of them (i know gamma is one of them, cause i had a mission to drop someone off there) collide and destroy eachother... can anyone fix this?

Hartzaden
x3tc

Post by Hartzaden » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 13:57

OK i got the game of direct2drive and after properly installing the mod it crashes befor it gits to the loading screen. any advice. the install is patched at 1.4

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 19:05

Yes I believe Harlock is aware of the problems in the Wall however, I will pass on that information to him.

As for the crash have you tried playing the game as a benchmark or EAX? I know I had a problem with this before and it turned out to be something to do with the shadows. I had to unpack the data and repack it without one of the shadow files.

Hartzaden
x3tc

Post by Hartzaden » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 20:43

NO eax or shadows. gona try benchmark btw.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 20:59

I doubt it will work as I am sure it is something else but, these have been minor issues in the past.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”